Dark Chocolate Covered Lychee Balls
08/04/2010 4 Comments
Fresh fruit desert, made with some of our favorite ingredients! Impress your family and friends with these little bites of love! These babies are stuffed!
Henry and I love Lychee Fruit when it’s fresh. Lychee loses some of it’s taste when it’s canned and is usually bathed in some kind of syrup or sugar water – really NOT something that we want.
So how do you make these amazing little gems? Easy…
- buy as many Lychee as you like
- you will need to peel them
- once you peel them, carefully slice them open down one side and push out the seed…carefully
- now place one Gooseberry in the middle of each lychee (look for small gooseberries, some are large which will not work)
- roll stuffed lychee in almond meal
- roll stuffed almond meal encrusted lychee’s, very carefully in dark chocolate cover
- (optional…feel free to roll the chocolate covered lychee ball in coconut flakes, delicious!! We made them both ways
- Chill in refrigerator for 20 – 30 minutes prior to serving.
These are amazing! Devour with enjoyment – Jo & Henry :-)