Lemon Butter Halibut Cheeks
12/01/2010 4 Comments
Oh wow, Henry has been busy tonight. I’ve had a crazy busy and draining day, so he allowed me to go to spin class tonight and he cooked for us. We have never indulged in Halibut Cheeks, but now will be a regular as often as we can get it. Kenny and Brenna Aschbacher of the Fishhugger have fresh amazing catch.
The taste of these cheeks in Henry’s sauce are so incredibly flaky and sweet, the butter and lemon balances the hint of spice perfectly. This is one of my most favorite creations. Thanks my love for a night off!
Here are the wonderful Ingredients for 4, 8 oz servings:
- 2 lbs Halibut Cheeks (or other white fish)
- 1/4 cup Pastured Butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Thai chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- Juice from one large lemon
- A few dashes of lemon zest
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Make this tasty dish:
- Heat pastured butter on medium heat, add peppers, garlic, spices and cook for 3-5 minutes
- Add lemon juice and zest and cook for another 3-5 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Add Halibut cheeks to medium casserole, top with Lemon Butter mixture, cover with foil, and bake for 20-30 minutes
- Uncover casserole and broil long enough to gently brown fish
Henry served this dish with wonderful baby Bok Choi – watch for the recipe soon!