Thai Ground Pork in Coconut Milk
We’d like to provide you with an alternative to ground beef or turkey for a change - PORK. We love wonderful lean local pork as you know in just about any form. Please give our Thai inspired dish a try, it’s fast and very easy and super healthy. We served it here with some yellow Cauliflower rice
. Heat up the rice in a cast iron pan add about 1 tsp or so of butter, ghee or coconut oil
, lightly salt and allow to warm – serve with your new recipe below. It’s really light and very satisfying, even for breakfast
Here are your ingredients:
- 1 cup of Aroy-d 100% coconut milk (no stabilizers or preservatives)
- 4-6 fresh Thai Chilies, chopped and seeds in
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground pork (try to look for local)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Put the coconut milk, chilies, ginger, 3/4 of the cilantro, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil.
Stir in the pork and adjust the heat so the mixture continues to simmer steadily. Cook, stirring, until pork is cooked through, about 3 minutes more. Now stir in the fish sauce and salt and pepper if necessary. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl; garnish with leftover cilantro and serve.
It doesn’t get any easier that this! Whip some up for you and your family tonight. Enjoy ~ Henry & Jo