Raw Kale Salad
01/12/2011 5 Comments
We love Kale cooked or raw. Kale is incredibly nutritious and healthy.
Here is what you will need for our ultra fresh and refreshing Raw Kale Salad:
This recipe will make enough for many salads, we like ours with very light dressing, so it even lasts longer.
- 1 – 2 bunches of fresh Kale, thoroughly washed and dried, stems cut off
- 2 – 3 golden (chilled beets) optional
- 1 cup of “fine” extra virgin olive oil, use some really good stuff if your purse permits
- 1 1/2 lemon juice, get a nice big and juicy one
- 2 – 3 dried chili peppers, whole
- 3 large cloves of fresh garlic, super finely minced
- some sea salt and black pepper to taste
Chop Kale into 1/8 to 1/4 strips and cut one more time in half. Place into your favorite salad bowl and gently pour salad dressing over the dark green yummy leaves.
We served ours with some boiled and peeled organic golden beets. We love our beets, make sure to buy organic!