04/25/2011 6 Comments
So this time we thought that we would share a different way to prepare ground meat…Cuban Style. This dish is not only extremely delicious, easy to make, but also very light. We served ours with some white cauliflower rice (without bacon), and some traditional Colombian Patacones, twice fried green plantains; watch for our recipe.
We’d love to hear your thoughts!
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 2 Large Yellow Onions
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- 2-4 Serrano Peppers (depending on how hot you’d like this)
- 2 Limes
- 2 Large Tomatoes or 1 cup Organic Strained Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine ground sausage and beef with juice from 2 limes and salt. Make sure the mixture is well combined.
- Finely chop Onion, Peppers, and Garlic and combine together with meat.
- Cover meat, refrigerate, and allow the meat to marinate for at least 1 hour
- Heat Coconut Oil in a large pot on medium-high heat, add ground meat, stir often to avoid meat from clumping together. Reduce heat if meat begins to clump and stir well to make sure . Cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add Tomato and allow to simmer, if meat becomes to dry you should add a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup of water.