Savory Calamari & Cod: Thai Inspired
01/06/2014 1 Comment
Although we’ve been cooking as usual, we haven’t really shared recipes consistently and we are sorry for that. We are back and you can expect consistent posts. Thank you for your continued visits and recreation of our dishes.
- 2 cups calamari tentacles
- 1/2 lb cod, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (you could also use another robust white fish)
- 2 bell peppers, we used one green and one red
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 3 dried Thai chilis
- 1 1/2 cup dried Porcini mushrooms (will need to be soaked, see below)
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 can organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/3 tbsp World Market Spice Blend
Take a small bowl and soak the Porcini mushrooms for about 10 minutes, then drain and add to the sautéed veggies.
Take our your favorite wok or large pan and heat ghee on high, once it is very hot, add the sliced onion and dried Thai chilis and stir fry until golden. Now add the sliced bell peppers and World Market Thai Spice Blend, black sesame seeds, fish sauce, coconut sugar, cayenne and fresh grated ginger root (add mushrooms here). Allow to cook for another 5 minutes on medium-high, then add the coconut milk, and water; keep stirring. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for another 10 minutes. Now it’s time to add the calamari tentacles and cod. Allow to simmer on low for another 10 – 15 minutes and serve with your favorite side. We enjoyed some traditional Thai Jasmine rice with this dish.