07/18/2011 5 Comments
We love sweet potatoes, as you know. We make lots of great dishes with them, including a delicious Filipino dish called Ube, but today we are going to share a new way to enjoy these ultra delicious potatoes. We like eating these before or after a long or high intensity workout. Along with Taro, Green Plantains, and Cassava we consider these excellent sources of low glycemic carbohydrates (or “safe starches”). Sweet Potatoes are also high in caratenoids, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber.
This dish boasts fresh ingredients, coconut oil and is jam packed with perfect carbs and glucose.
Here’s what you will need to make this complimentary dish to your favorite protein:
This side dish feeds 2 – 3 people
- 3 medium to small purple sweet potatoes, raw
- 1 full stalk of fresh curry leaves
- 2 medium sized stalks of fresh rosemary, blades only
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp capers, drained
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of cooking sherry (optional) if you don’t like sherry, use water, but the sherry really does add amazing flavor