09/12/2011 5 Comments
Thank you Paul and Shou-Ching for this amazing dish and inspiration from your awesome Perfect Health Diet site.
Wonderful ingredients that you’ll need to make this dish:
- 2 quarts of stock, we used some our duck stock
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 inches of fresh sliced ginger
- 3 cups of whole shiitake mushrooms, we took the stems off
- 3 sticks of cinnamon, keep whole
- 10 whole cloves, keep whole
- 1 – 2 tsps of whole pepper corn
- 1/4 cup of fish sauce
- 1 package of rice noodles
- 1 lb lamb ribs
- 2 tbsp coconut Oil
- 1 lb of thinly sliced grass-fed stew meat or your favorite cut
- 1 bunch off cilantro, chopped
- 4 limes, cut into 8ths
- a bunch of sliced Serrano peppers
- In a large soup pot, heat your favorite stock on medium heat.
- Add garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, pepper corn, fish sauce, mushrooms and cilantro and continue to cook on medium heat.
- In a separate cast iron pan heat coconut oil on medium-high to high heat; add lamb ribs and cook until nicely browned and most of the fat is rendered. Once browned, add oil and ribs to soup pot and continue to cook on medium.
- In another pot warm a few quarts of water on high heat. Once the water is boiling add rice noodles and cook for no more than 3 minutes. Remove from boiling water, put into a strainer, and run some cool water over them to keep them from overcooking.