Persian Cucumber Salad
08/07/2010 6 Comments
It is hot out, so we are opting for side dishes a little lighter and more refreshing, like this delicious cucumber salad, made with fresh ingredients. Pair it with you favorite protein, we enjoyed it for dinner with our favorite pork chops – watch for the post coming up!
Here are the simple, but yet deliciously non-processed ingredients:
- 4 Persian cucumbers, slice with a mandolin on setting one to make sure that the slices are thin
- 2 small vine ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of fresh dill weed, chopped
- 1 tbsp almond oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- pinch of jalapeno flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp of black sesame seeds
Mix the veggies carefully with a big spoon and chill for 15 minutes if your veggies are not straight from the refrigerator.
Enjoy this salad anytime with any of your favorite proteins.