All we can say is that my husband’s latest creation is absolutely delicious and a must try in your kitchen. Please let us know what you think once you make it – we look forward to your comments and always encourage ideas on possible improvements! Enjoy – Henry and Jo
The marinade is incredibly important, as is the sauce, real food ingredients and the preparation of the actual meal.
Here’s what you’ll need for your pork’s marinade:
Now prepare your mouth-watering sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp coconut vinegar
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
Ingredients you will need for the actual meal – best if you combine these ingredients in a wok.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 dried red chiles, whole
- 1 inch ginger thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 green onion
- 1/4 cup almonds
Here is how to prepare everything:
- Combine Marinade Ingredients with Pork and let it marinade overnight or for at least 4 hours. We like to use a freezer bag, it allows for maximum ingredient penetration.
- Soak almonds in bowl with warm water for as long as you marinade the meat. Peal skin from almonds and set aside.
- In a small pot, combine the ingredients for the sauce. Reduce the sauce over medium to medium – high heat until it starts to thicken. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Over high – heat, in a wok, bring the coconut oil to almost smoking temperature. Stir-fry the chilis, ginger, garlic, almonds, and white part of the green onions for 30 to 40 seconds, or until the chilies turn dark. Add the pork and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden in color.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil continue to cook until glossy. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with julienne green onions.