Cauliflower is one of our favorite veggies to eat, not just for its’ delicious taste, but also for its’ amazing nutrition. We love it ground up as a rice substitute, steamed, grilled, sautéed or Austrian style which we’ll share in the near future.
Today we thought we’d give you an interesting alternative to the steamed method.
Buy one large head of cauliflower, wash it and shake it dry. Cut it into quarters and let it sit for about 10 minutes, this activates all the nutrients. Break the head into florets, just like in our photo and set aside.
What you’ll need:
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 4 – 6 strips of your favorite nitrate free bacon, chopped, ours was so lean that I had to add 1 tbsp of Ghee
- 1/2 bushel cilantro about 1/2 cup loose
- 4 large cloves of your favorite garlic, finely chopped, we used a pink one from our local farmer
- 1 tbsp Ghee (optional)
- sea salt (optional)
- some fresh ground black pepper
We used a non-stick pan this time, heated bacon added garlic when the bacon was half way done – careful not to burn the garlic or it will lose its’ lovely taste. Now add the florets and toss on medium – high heat for about 5 minutes, until the florets get a little golden brown. Add 1/4 cup water, pepper and cilantro and cover on medium for another 5 minutes or so. How easy is this? 🙂 10 minutes and you have an amazing side dish that rocks if you pair it with a tasty local pork chop, or chicken or even fish…anything really. Enjoy!