This is one of our favorites, fresh pork hocks boiled with great local fresh veggies into an amazingly hearty soup filled with great nutrition and delicious meat and tasty bone marrow.
We both grew up with this powerhouse meal, but since my mom is visiting from Austria, she made these awesome Meat Shop AZ fresh pork hocks in a tasty soup that only a mom and her love could make. …yummm we are so spoiled.
Here are the ingredients that you’ll need:
- 6 pork hocks
- 2 large carrots, peeled halved and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 medium whole, peeled onion
- 15 Brussels sprouts, whole
- 1 small piece of parsley root
- 1 slice of celery root
- 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley, no stems and coarsely chopped
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of Chef’s Shake
- 2 – 3 liters of water, depending on your pot size
Place hocks in a large soup pot, add all cleaned veggies and spices and fill up with water within at least 2 inches from the top. Bring to boil and cover, and let the soup simmer on low for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Enjoy this tasty meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Tip: if you can’t eat the whole soup and you’ve had all veggies and hocks, strain the soup and freeze for awesome stock for sauces at another time.
This dish is also great with fresh horseradish. If you’d like a recipe for dips, take a look at our Horseradish Guacamole. It’s so tasty!
Thanks Mom! 🙂