Ingredients for 2-3 servings
- 1 Butternut Squash, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 or 2 Organic Fiji or Pink Lady Apples, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat Coconut Oil in large cast iron pan
- Add white to light green portions of green onion to oil and cook for 3-5 on medium high, stir to avoid burning
- Add Butternut Squash and spices and continue to cook on medium, medium-high heat stirring often to avoid burning. Cook for about 15 minutes. Squash should be a little firm, but easy to stick your fork into.
- Add apples and remaining green onion pieces and combine well with squash, lower heat and cook for another 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy. We usually pair this with Pork Chops or White Fish.