Yes, my wonderful husband was at it again…he made an amazing breakfast for me since I was not going to be able to eat all day due to meetings, etc. He used fresh left over liver filets from our most amazing dinner, another new liver recipe which we will post soon.
This amazing breakfast consisted of one cage free egg a perfect strip of bacon, a few slices of boiled sweet potato and an deliciously prepared slice of fresh calf liver, roasted in a few green onions.
We already know that you can prepare all other ingredients to perfection, but here’s how to prepare your liver filet.
Ingredients for 3 servings
- 3 strips of uncured nitrate-free bacon
- 3 slices of fresh calf/veal liver
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1 boiled sweet potato
- 3 organic cage-free eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium pot boil water, add sweet potato and cook for 30-40 minutes or until easily punctured by fork. (This can be done the night or day before)
- In a large pan start to cook bacon on medium heat until most of the fat is rendered 3-5 minutes. Remove bacon slices and keep someplace warm.
- Add chopped green onion and cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally to avoid burning.
- Add eggs to pan (we use like to use non-stik egg rings to maximize cooking surface)
- Add liver slices and cook for about 2 minutes per side
- Serve as shown above
I absolutely loved this meal; it tasted amazing, was incredibly satisfying, and best of all kept me full all day. Thanks Henry for always taking care of me. 🙂