I got to spend some quality time this afternoon with my amazing friend Dunia, while my husband surprised us with this amazingly light and satisfying dish. He used fabulous fish from our friends at Alaskan Pride and organic tomato sauce.
Here is the line up for your needed Ingredients
- 2 lbs of white flaky fish (we used Alaskan Ling Cod from Alaskan Pride Seafoods) – cut into small filets or 2 inch cubes
- Juice from 2 large limes
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp of Cilantro, chopped
- 3 Serrano Peppers
- 2 Medium Red Onions, coarsely chopped
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tbsp rinsed capers
- 1 Bay Leave
- 4 Whole Cloves
- 10 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/4 cup pitted and diced Olives
- 1 tsp fresh Thyme
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups Organic Strained Tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
And here’s how to prepare this light and tasty dish
- Combine 1/2 tsp salt, juice from limes, and fish in a large bowl. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat coconut oil on medium heat and add onions. Cook onions until glossy, then add peppercorns, cloves, cilantro, bay leave, peppers, garlic, capers, and olives. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Next add tomatoes, tomato sauce, thyme, water, additional salt and pepper (as needed), and simmer for 15 minutes, allowing sauce to thicken.
- Finally, add marinated fish, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with Cauliflower Rice.
Thank you my love, for a night off and an amazing meal!