It’s almost summer her in Arizona, and we are looking for lighter, but satisfying lunches like this great tasting coconut flour dusted calamari.
Server this with some of your favorite light white wine, we prefer Arizona Stronghold Tazi as a pairing.
This is so easy to make and will make you and everyone happy!
The best part of this dish is that you can improvise as you see fit to make it work.
- we made about 15 tentacles, but you can make tentacles and body if you like
- in a mixing bowl, add:
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- sea salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/8 cup of fresh finely chopped cilantro
- pinch of cayenne (0nly for the brave)
- get 1 cup of coconut oil and heat to medium in a wok type pan, heat to high, but be careful when emerging the calamari, they will spit oil, cover with a spatter catcher
- 1/2 lemon juice for the end to sprinkle
Add all ingredients together in a bowl and stir well, fold calamari in and shake off well before frying it – be careful not to get too much coconut flour into oil, as it will make then soggy NOT crispy. Slow fry better, always!!!
Enjoy and live well! Jo n Henry