Thank you all for being patient – we have been burning the candle at both ends; thus the tardy post. I began my Yoga Teacher Training and you can follow my journal here.
We made this chutney a few weeks ago in anticipation of fall, and have made it a few times since. It really is very easy to make and quite tasty.
Some major qualities of this tasty fruit are:
- Antioxidant power house
- Helps to prevent Osteoarthritis
- Helps to promote heart health
- It’s known to lower blood pressure
- It has cancer fighting agents
- It’s great for your gum and teeth health
- It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber and Folate, and a very good source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K
Here are the lovely fresh ingredients:
- 2 Large Pomegranates, seeds only
- 1 bunch of fresh green onions, chopped
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 3 Thai chiles chopped
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric, peeled and minced, (
- 1 inch minced fresh ginger
- 1 large lime, juice only
- 1 tbsp coconut vinegar
Fold all ingredients together and chill for about an hour or two in the refrigerator. We love pairing this with pork, especially pork chops. It’s refreshing and light; this also works well with fatty white fish and lamb.
What is your favorite protein combo? We are going to try this with our turkey this Thanksgiving.