Sweet husband of mine made this fabulous dish for me. He had it waiting with the most perfectly baked Yucca, and had the perfect wine to pair, thanks Eric! I am truly lucky in every way. I was so smitten with these tastes that you, too, should be able to enjoy such a perfect combination of Indian spice blends…in a non-traditional Indian dish. Make it in advance and wow your family and friends.
- 3 lb. grassed beef, we buy ours from Date Creek Ranch (thank you!)
- 3 Tbsp Ghee
- 2 Inches of Ginger (peel)
- 4 Large Onions
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp Turneric
- 1 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste, same with pepper
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5-8 Serrano Peppers
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 can coconut cream
Here’s how to make it!
- Sautee Onions and Ghee until glossy (browning them to golden in color on medium heat)
- Add Spices and continue to cook while you get ready for the next step
- Combine Ginger, Onions, Garlic, Peppers, and tomatoes, and mix well with a hand-held blender, until smooth
- Add to onions and spice mixture and cook another 3-5 minutes
- Add Beef and make sure it is well folded in, let it cook for another few minutes on medium heat
- Finally add Coconut Cream, combine and let simmer on low/medium low for another 15-20 mins – covered
Serve with our favorite Yucca and enjoy! …secret…it’s even better the next day.🙂 – and it always tastes better with Tiger to help us eat.