We love a good tuna steak. The key is to find proper tuna steaks without white marbling. There really is not that much to say for this dish, other than: amazing! Please try this and you judge. The sauce is divine.
INGREDIENTS for 4 servings
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 Serrano chiles, minced (if too spicy, use only 1-2 chiles)
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 4 limes
- 1/4 cup Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 (6-8 ounce) blocks sashimi-quality tuna
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
Here is how to make this:
- In a bowl, combine the cilantro, peppers, ginger, garlic, lime juice, coconut aminos, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of coconut oil.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and coat with the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Sear the tuna for a minute on each quarter. Pour half of the cilantro mixture into the pan to coat the fish.
- Transfer the seared tuna to plates and serve with the sliced avocado and the remaining cilantro sauce drizzled over the fish and avocado.
Wow, this dish is truly mouthwatering, and a perfect dish to serve to friends or at a dinner party. It is quick to make, and it is unbelievably pleasing, really. Enjoy this new little invention from the Nutty Kitchen, and let us know what you think! J & H