Oh wow, check out what Henry whipped up for us this morning before he left for work! We paired this with our Rosemary Roasted Sunchokes. He quickly whipped up the rubbing ingredients and had this incredible dish finished in 10 minutes. No utensils required folks the meat and bones will literally melt in your hands.
This could feed 3 hungry Svendblads with the side dish, or two that haven’t eaten all day and are ready to ravage Mary’s fabulous chicken.
- 1 large free range whole chicken
- 1 very large yellow onion or 2 large onions, sliced very thin (we used a mandolin)
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp fat (coconut oil, pastured butter, ghee, lard, etc)
- 2 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp crushed pepper
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbps fresh thyme
- Add onion and garlic to bottom of crock pot
- In a separate bowl, mixed melted fat & spices into a thick paste
- Rub both sides of chicken with spice mixture until completely covered
- Add chicken to crock pot and cook for at least 6-8 hours on high setting
Note: you won’t need to add any additional water or vinegar to the crock pot
Enjoy with our fabulous Rosemary Roasted Sunchokes!