Yum, yum, yummmmmm. 🙂 after visiting our new nephew and celebrating over the weekend with wine and plenty of food, we thought it was only appropriate to serve a light and detoxifying dish tonight for dinner along with some fabulous grilled asparagus. The ginger, turmeric, and cilantro in this dish are revered for their many health benefits. These spices deliver powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and tummy healing qualities. Just what we needed after a weekend spent in and out of hotels and airplanes, without quality sleep and with more wine and food than we usually enjoy. We hope that you love this as much as we did; it is so easy to make, so quick, and pretty too. It was fun and different eating our meal out of a beautiful pocket of parchment paper. This serves 3 and will take you 45 minutes or less with minimal clean up.
Here’s the line up for our latest creation:
- 1.5 lbs white fish, sea bass, halibut, any that you prefer
- 2 Tbsp fresh Turmeric root, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh Ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
- Optional: 3 Thai chili pepper for spice lovers like us (don’t worry the acidity from the lemon will balance the spice factor and will ensure that they do not overpower the fish or make it too spicy)
- Juice from one large Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
Here’s how to prepare this:
- Combine spices with lime juice and coconut oil, then use the Spice blend and rub onto fish (you may need to gently warm the coconut oil if your ingredients are too cold)
- Wrap into separate packages with parchment paper (use unbleached paper)
- Bake 30-40 minutes on 350 degrees convection depending on the thickness of your fish
- Unwrap carefully as the heat may burn your fingers, see our picture above
More great whitefish ideas: Pacific Cod and Halibut Cheeks. Looks so tasty, can’t wait to try it.
Hi Brenna, are you going to be selling the Halibut cheeks as well? We would love to come on down and buy Salmon, etc. Miss you guys.