Remember the $18 Duck? This little duck fed us until we were stuffed for three full meals. So as promised, we are finally sharing how to make this easy soup from your left over Whole Duck recipe, i.e., the carcass and innards.
~You can also do this recipe with left over chicken, or turkey, or any other of your favorite offal or feathered friends. ~
Once you are finished eating all the tender morsels, set innards and picked over carcass aside and place into soup pot right after you’re done having you amazing whole duck meal.
Here are the ingredients and preparation for this great hearty meal – waste nothing, love everything – say thanks 🙂
- Cover left overs with enough water so not to left any uncovered, add:
- 3 – 4 organic carrots chopped into 1/2 inch carrot chunks
- Add 1/2 to a whole bunch of organic celery hearts, also chopped into 1/2 inch pieces – this depends on your love for celery
- 1 large yellow or white onion, peeled and halved
- Peel and add 2 medium to large Jicama roots, peeled, halved and sliced
- Sea salt to taste, add some fresh ground black pepper
- Add a bit of Chef’s Shake
- 1 tablespoon of Marjoram (remember to grind it between your palms to activate the herb)
- 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of caraway seed
Boil for 2 – 3 hours on medium – high, once you cover it reduce to medium, we always tilt the lid by a tiny bit so that it will not spit over the pot. We parked it over night after boiling and turned it back on for an hour on low – medium to simmer (covered) before serving it as a breakfast dish over avocado. You could absolutely have this for lunch or dinner. If you run out of duck meat and need more protein, you can always add chicken or as I did one day some tuna. It’s all delicious, we just dislike wasting anything that is nutritious and fabulous. Enjoy this either strained as a clear soup or full monty they way we loved it.
Either way, live healthy and waste not. J & H
yum! nice to do something other than chicken soup