We love Kale cooked or raw. Kale is incredibly nutritious and healthy.
Here is what you will need for our ultra fresh and refreshing Raw Kale Salad:
This recipe will make enough for many salads, we like ours with very light dressing, so it even lasts longer.
- 1 – 2 bunches of fresh Kale, thoroughly washed and dried, stems cut off
- 2 – 3 golden (chilled beets) optional
- 1 cup of “fine” extra virgin olive oil, use some really good stuff if your purse permits
- 1 1/2 lemon juice, get a nice big and juicy one
- 2 – 3 dried chili peppers, whole
- 3 large cloves of fresh garlic, super finely minced
- some sea salt and black pepper to taste
Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a bowl and fill into an emulsifier and salad dressing mixer and mix well to pour over Kale.
Chop Kale into 1/8 to 1/4 strips and cut one more time in half. Place into your favorite salad bowl and gently pour salad dressing over the dark green yummy leaves.
We served ours with some boiled and peeled organic golden beets. We love our beets, make sure to buy organic!
Kale is our family’s favorite green! We’ll try this salad with our bacon and eggs today!
I’ve never thought to try kale raw. I usually sautee it. Thanks for posting! It’s certainly easier. Just rinse & eat!
Well after talking to you I got the books, read up on this and am officially on board! Just finished shopping for my new foods and looking forward to a healthy way of life. I’ll be checking your site often for inspiration! 🙂
We love kale salad! I typically add sliced cherry tomatoes, a little feta, hemp seeds, onions, and cucumbers tossed with lemon juice and olive oil. I look forward to trying this recipe!