Another one of my mom’s treasures…and old time favorite from my childhood. Please try this simple dish – it will surely satisfy and be easy on your wallet. Fantastic – we’ll post her red cabbage very soon.
- 5 – 6 lb pork shoulder bone in
- sea salt lightly rubbing shoulder completley
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium to large onion, sliced
- 1 tsp caraway seeds, rub shoulder
- 1 1/2 cups water
Preheat to 350 Convection. In a roast pan, place shoulder with above spices and add water, cover with aluminum foil. Cooking time is about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Let cook covered with foil for 1 1/2 hours then uncover and spoon/baste water/juice every 15 – 20 minutes, and turn a couple of times until it’s golden brown and serve as you see fit.
We cut it into three chunks so to allow for maximum browning and seasoning.
Serve it with some awesome blue cabbage and enjoy.