Ingredients for 2 large servings:
2 lbs of Lamb Chops
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh Thyme
Mushroom Sauce with Sour Cream
- 1/2 tbsp of fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp of preferred fat (pastured butter, coconut oil, etc)
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb Crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup of fresh sour cream (we made ours own from our local dairy farm’s cream) – substitute Coconut Milk for 100% strict Paleo
- Use rub to cover Lamb Chops liberally and then set them aside while you prepare and cook the sauce
- Add preferred fat to large cast iron pan and set to medium-high heat until hot
- Add Onions and cook until they start to brown, stirring often to avoid burning
- Add Mushrooms and spices and continue to cook on medium-high, continue stirring occasionally
- Add Sour Cream, cook for a few additional minutes stirring well, reduce heat to medium-low do not allow this to boil.
- Oil grates of a large cast iron skillet, heat skillet on high and place rubbed chops into skillet, cook on medium-high for 12 minutes for medium.
- Top chops with mushroom cream sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!