What a treasure to have my parents visit. This is a very old, very traditional dish that I grew up with. A good glass of wine and good company makes this meal even more enjoyable to share. Tonight my dad made these amazing Cevapi, I loved every bit dad! Thank you!
Ingredients for about 25 2oz sausages:
- 2 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 5 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- salt to taste
How to make them:
- Mix all ingredients together
- Form into 2 oz sausages, let sit a few hours or overnight
- Grill and serve
Indeed! These are yummy!! A very special thank you to Papa for making these. We loved them. So glad you posted the recipe. Lots of love!!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought those sausages are Bosnian?
Hi Mikey, they are very common throughout the region and various countries. Each one adds a little more or less of one meat or another. I would really be surprise if the Bosnian kitchen did not have a version of it. J