Okra is one of our most favorite vegetables to cook. Tonight I thought that I would try a different rendition to go with our perfectly cooked King Salmon. Check out a few of our other Okra recipes under Veggies and Sides.
This dish calls for 4 cups of Okra. Simply chop off the tops and soak in 1/2 water 1/2 coconut vinegar solution for 20 minutes. Strain well and rinse well.
Prepare a wok on high heat adding:
- 2 – 3 thick bacon slices, finely sliced
- 3 – 4 large finely sliced garlic
- 3 stalks of curry leaves (no stems)
After the bacon has rendered a bit, add the next ingredients below.
- 4 Poblano peppers, sliced in half and sliced
- 3 red jalapeno chilis, sliced in half and sliced (we leave the seeds in on all peppers with this dish)
- 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts, whole
- Add strained whole Okra