Ensalada de Agucate y Tomate (Avocado and Tomato Salad)
08/30/2010 6 Comments
Avocado is one of our favorite foods and finds its way onto our plate just about daily. We love combining fresh avocado as pairing to our breakfast, dinners and appetizers.
Today we’d like to share a typical Colombian dish that Henry grew up with: Ensalada de Agucate y Tomate
Traditional Ingredients to make this ultra delicious salad: (this serves 3)
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes (de-seed)
- 3 large perfectly ripe Haas avocados, cut in half and peel carefully with a sharp knife and cut into larger slices
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- juice of 1 large lime
- 1 tbsp cilantro, very finely chopped
Mix carefully and chill for 30 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy with your favorite protein!
Happy Cooking – Jo and Henry