This is an exquisite way of preparing a perfect Salmon filet with a different flair. The persimmon was a beautiful companion to the wonderful taste of Sockeye. We served it with a tasty mushroom and leek medley, but you can pair this dish with some of our other side dishes such as, Ensalada de Agucate y Tomate, Leek, or a wonderful squash. Either way you will surely love this infused, ultra light and delicious version 0f Salmon.
This serves 2 hungry Svendblads. 🙂 after a workout and a mountain bike ride.
- 1 1/2 pounds of Alaskan Sockeye Salmon (from The Fishuggers), cut into 3, 8 ounce slices
- 2 medium Persimmons, cut into 12 slices
- 1/8 cup of fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup of Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsps of Coconut Oil, gently warmed
- Juice from 1.5 limes
- 3 large cuts of unbleached parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection bake setting
- Combine Lime Juice, gently warmed Coconut Oil, Red Onion, and Cilantro in small bowl and mix well
- Brush Persimmons and Salmon pieces liberally with mixture
- On a parchment paper place two Persimmon slices below and on top each Salmon filet and seal each into nice package (cooking in Parchment Paper instructions)
- Place cookie sheet and place in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes
What an interesting recipe! I never thought of persimmon with fish before. This sounds intriguing 🙂
Oh the persimmon is perfectly sweet and brings out the salmon really nice. Have a wonderful week. J
Reblogged this on redcrosse10999.