Gluten-free Coconut Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

We and our family think that these are the world’s best chocolate chip cookies. We found them quite some time ago on one of our favorite supplier’s site:  Tropical Traditions. Of course we modified them some…We made these for our family visiting from Spain today, and they all just about experienced a food orgasm. 🙂 Even our cousin’s 8 year old son, proclaimed that these are the best cookies that he’s had in his life.  How cute is that!
These are so moist and so incredibly delicious that you think that they should be outlawed. Surprisingly enough, each of these 32 heavenly cookies has 139 calories – not bad for such an amazing treat. For Henry and I totally worth every morsel. We rarely eat sweets, but when we do it better be rockstar. LOL…ok enough teasing…these are the ingredients that you’ll need and how to make them.
Heavenly Ingredients:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  1. Beat oil and honey together (5 min), then add eggs, one at a time until completely incorporated, then mix for another 2-3 min.
  2. Add coconut cream concentrate, vanilla and baking soda, mix 3 minutes until well combined and no specks of coconut cream concentrate are noticeable (completely incorporated).
  3. Add optional ingredients of your choice. Bake in large spoonfuls (ice cream scoop-size) for 15 min, or small spoonfuls for 8-10 minutes.

Have you made your batch yet? 🙂  Mmmmm….wish that there were some left….

Advertisements

17 Comments Add yours

1. Sandy Byron says:

These sound amazing–can’t wait to try them. Don’t you just love coconut cream? I put it in my coffee, we both eat the Coconut Cream ice cream, and I eat the coconut cream yogurt with my berries sometimes. This is another reason to love it!

1. Oh we do. We loooove our coconut. Have you seen our post on coconut whipped cream? https://nuttykitchen.com/2010/06/01/coconut-whipped-cream/ We actually just had some with a few berries – so so good. Thanks for commenting. Jo

1. Sandy Byron says:

Ooh, sounds decadent. I’ll try it next weekend (we save our treats for weekends).

2. Sandy Byron says:

Hi Jo, my first batch of cookies is in the oven. One question: I ordered the 32oz size of coconut cream from Tropical Traditions since I’d ordered Coconut Oil from them before. It was pretty time consuming to get the oil and coconut solids recombined so that I could measure out half of it. I put it in a warm water bath in the sink using hot tap water and it still took me 15 minutes of hard stirring. Do you just buy the 16oz container and dump it all in (it would still be hard to get the solid mass out of the bottom of the jar) or do you do a hot water bath on the stove first? What’s your secret? Otherwise, they’re pretty easy to make. Btw, I only had mesquite raw honey on hand, so I used that and I added a bit of nutmeg since my favorite choco chip recipe uses a little to cut sweetness and add depth of flavor. I can’t wait to try the first dozen out of the oven!

1. Hello Sandy, We are thrilled that you are trying these, they are truly amazing. We actually don’t even go through the trouble of melting it. We scoop out enough of the thick and liquid part and just mix it all together with the vanilla and baking soda. We mix it until there are no visible lumps (usually about 3 minutes). If you mixture appears a little thin, just add a tiny bit more of the thick coconut concentrate to make it velvety. Please let me know if this works for you. Such treats…I know. Yummy they are, but can’t have them too often. 🙂 I am eager to hear what your first bite was like … Have a great weekend! Jo

3. Sandy Byron says:

Hi Josephine, the cookies were delicious! Little bites of pleasure.

One last question, would they crisp a bit if I baked them longer or does that not happen without butter and flour? I tried letting them cool on the pan but they stayed soft and chewy (and yummy).

1. Hi Sandy,

You could bake them a little longer and turn the heat up a little more, but they will stay super moist and soft. Just be careful not to burn them on the bottom if you do decide to crank up the heat a bit. They are so good. Yumm

4. Geoff Aucoin says:

Hmm, I guess the Creamed Coconut I used wasn’t concentrate because my batter was so liquidy that I had to add some coconut flour to thicken it and they still all just melded into one big cookie! A very tasty cookie, mind you!

1. Oh no…but glad that you improvised and got it to work. This is the one we use http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/coconut_cream_concentrate.htm, the key is to get the right consistency of concentrate and water. Sandy in the comment thread had a similar question, please take a look at my response and let me know if it helps at all. Geoff, thank you for trying them out and for commenting! Have a relaxing evening! Jo

5. k says:

Hi
    A friend of mine these and they were so good I asked her for the recipe and she gave me this link.

I have something called pure coconut cream. It is in a box. I checked the Nutrition facts, and it seems like it is a double concentrate of the tropical traditions product.
    to compare:
    1tsp serving size = 6.3g fat, 4.6 sat fat, sodium 3mg, carb .66g, fiber .33, sugars .33, protein 1g
    would I add half of what I half to half water? So 8oz water mixed with 8oz of the pure creamed coconut?

thanks

6. josh says:

Tried this out. Made for some nice cookies. Substituted raisins for the chocolate chips. Cant wait to make another batch!

Thanks!!!!

1. Nice! We’ll have to give raisins a try. Did you use yellow or regular ones?

7. This is a very good tip particularly to those new to
    the blogosphere. Brief but very accurate info… Thanks for sharing this one.
    A must read post!