We had all these great bananas, then we watched them get riper and darker…but then they are too yucky to eat…hmmm what to do? 🙂 My mom’s great recipe jumped to mind. Super quick, easy and beyond moist – so whip up a batch today!
Ingredients for this crowd-pleaser:
- 100 grams of unsalted butter, we prefer Irish (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp of white raw honey
- 2 whole eggs, we use cage free
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 300 grams of blanched almond flour
- 1 pinch of sea salt, we used Pink Himalayan
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 6 super ripe bananas
- 130 grams of coarsely hacked walnuts
This is best prepared in a Kitchen Aid. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Grease two baking loaf forms (I prefer metal, the Pyrex doesn’t always come out without sticking) with a light layer of butter, and set aside.
In the Kitchen Aid, combine eggs, butter, salt and honey, beat until very smooth, then add in all the rest of the ingredients and continue to mix on low until all is completely blended. Pour into loaf forms and bake for about 30 minutes or until the toothpick test comes back without any mixture on it. The crust should be a beautiful dark golden brown. Enjoy this with some Kefir or raw milk – really anything. Just try some and let me know what your family thought.
Thank you mom!
- How to Make Nut Butter (simplycooking.wordpress.com)