Coconut Flour Pie Crust for Pumpkin Pie

This is the same pumpkin pie filling as the Perfect Paleo Pumpkin Pie from last year. We have one small modification to the last year’s pie…We only go to a little over 1/4 cup of sweetener instead of 1/2 cup. We’ve made the change on the original recipe page.

Here are the ingredients for the super easy pie crust.

• 1/4 cup semi-melted butter, unsalted
  • 2 tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil, soft
  • 1 cup coconut flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • pinch of Himalayan salt
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1 tablespoon water

Add all ingredients together and blend well with a hand mixer, line a deep 9 inch pie pan, like the one I am using and line equally thick throughout.

Pour the PERFECT PALEO PUMPKIN PIE FILLING into pie pan and bake on 350 for about 50 minutes, cool and enjoy!

About these ads

About Svendblad Josephine
I am positive thinker. I hope to be able to help people be more successful both in business and with changing their relationship to foods.

30 Responses to Coconut Flour Pie Crust for Pumpkin Pie

1. Pingback: 11/10/11 – Yo Day

2. Pingback: Super Easy Individual Crustless Pumpkin Pie « Beautiful Disasters

3. Pingback: Weekend Link Love - Edition 164 | Mark's Daily Apple

4. jpickett1968 says:

Uh oh – you hit my sweet tooth need with this one. Who doesn’t love pumpkin pie, but with a nice crust as well? Time for this guy to run to the store!

5. Pingback: Weekend Link Love | TrenchPress

6. Mommaofmany says:

This sounds excellent! I’ll be trying it soon. Thanks for sharing!

7. Pingback: Thursday, 12/22/11 « CrossFit Center City

8. indigo says:

is the honey for sweetness or does it have a sticking together purpose?

9. Tonya says:

I want to give this a try and am curious if you guys prefer the almond crust posted on 12-4-10 or the coconut crust option.

10. Success!! I was so skeptical about the quantity of coconut flour in this recipe — 1 cup of coconut flour produces an entire loaf of paleo pound cake. But I went ahead and followed the recipe — with the substitution of heavy cream instead of coconut oil — and it worked great!

I didn’t use the honey (I am on a very low carb diet) and I also didn’t add the shredded coconut.

The result was a delightfully buttery crust that came out of the oven at a very agreeable level of dryness. And I totally did not miss the honey… the natural sweetness of coconut flour comes out very nicely in this crust.

Paired with your pumpkin pie filling (subbed Splenda for honey), I get a 12-serving pie with a total of 6g net carbs per slice! And it tastes AMAZING! Definitely a pie I will be making again and again.

Thanks!!

ps. I posted a pic of the finished pie on Twitter:

11. Pingback: Salmon Tarts | tgipaleo

12. Pingback: Angels Gather Here - Secret Family Recipe: A Perfect Pumpkin Pie

13. Kimberly says:

Looks deliscious but i am allergic to butter. What can I substitute? Thanks!

14. Kimberly says:

What Can i substitue for the butter? Thank you!

15. Pingback: Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake w/ a Chocolate Cinnamon Swirl | Slim Pickin's Kitchen

16. Ghee is butter, however. You can try palm oil as a butter substitute too.

17. Pingback: Paleo Pumpkin Pie Theory - The Hardcore Chef

18. Pingback: Paleo Diet Why Avoid Dairy

19. Rosieelephant says:

Crust was very good! I used it to make apple pie. I will definitely be trying out the pumpkin pie with it at some point.

20. Timbra says:

I made this crust for pumpkin pie. Unfortunately it wasn’t a hit. The coconut flakes were a bit much. Could you go without the coconut flakes in this recipe?

21. Tracey says:

Does anyone know if i can make this pie crust and bake it the next day? And how well does it hold together? I want to make strips to put over an apple. Something along these lines http://domesticdilettante.com/2012/01/11/applepie/

22. Pingback: Japanese Sweet Potato Pie |